Tuesday, June 30, 2009

T-1

tomorrow is the big day. i'm all snuggled up right now in my new apartment in the closest approximation to my big purple couch that i could easily move - my big purple chair.

i am blogging to avoid further unpacking.

how did i spend my first evening in chilli, aside from hauling laundry baskets and target bags up a really long flight of stairs? met up with some of the social workers and the outgoing pharmacy resident for some beers and bluegrass music at the dock, a local watering hole on water street (where the canal used to be). jon and kate plus eight must be really popular around here cause i saw about 5 women with versions of kate's haircut.

my anxiety about tomorrow has evaporated now that i am actually here.

wish i had remembered my camera because as i was driving into town, i saw this on the sign outside an autobody shop: "karen linzy. come back and get your bad check." they called her ass out.

so now i get to decide if i want to spend the rest of the night watching chocolat or harry potter and the order of the phoenix. i have no cable and i ran out of boxes before i could pack all the dvds i had set out. these two were on top. actually i should unpack. or study for my upcoming boards. decisions, decisions.

i miss my pugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment