Monday, June 1, 2009

the countdown begins

one month from today i start my pharmacy residency at the va in chillicothe, ohio. i don't like to think about it too much because it kind of makes me want to throw up.

i have been trying to find an apartment and terrible luck has been finding me. i was put in contact with one slumlord who offered 3 apartments for rent. in any of the 3 of them i would fear for my safety. they were located in areas with an abundance of upholstered furniture on porches and a severe lack of shirts on the residents.

i would think, usually, when searching for an apartment in a new city, one could peruse listings on apartments.com or similar convenience sites. not such much good old chilli. a search yields no results.

my problems are compounded by the fact i have two adorable pugs that need room in my home, too. landlords in chilli do not care for dogs evidently.

tonight is the first night brian is in louisville. he left me a little note on my pillow that reads "love you. see you friday." this is sad because i know it will be the same note i will have on my pillow every monday for a year. and that's the best case scenario. really, we will probably only see each other back at our house in cincinnati every other weekend. brian has to work some weekends.

i have it better right now, though. at least i'm at home with our dogs. brian is by himself in a hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment